How to: Rock a Medium Length Hairstyle
Lob! Yes, that’s right: it’s all about the lob. We’re not talking tennis though. We’re talking about the long bob, which is the hottest hairstyle around and is here to stay. Mid-length hair doesn’t need to be neither here nor there; in fact we think it’s the best of both worlds.
Whether you crave Alexa Chung’s signature mussed bed hair or super sleek and straight such as Keira Knightley’s do, it’s the versatility of medium length hair which makes it a style winner.
The secret to medium length hair, however, is in the cut. Choosing the right cut can be tough so here are our tips:
- Blunt cuts are edgy, but can sometimes be bland. Try stacked layers at the back for dimension.
- Go layered, but not too layered. Ask your hairdresser to cut the edges with a razor for a statement look.
- Medium length hair is best trimmed every 4 to 6 weeks.
- Fringes frame your face. Unsure about committing to a fringe? Try Jessica Simpson Clip-In Fringe hair extensions instead.
- Don’t be afraid to go bold with colour. Think Emma Stone fiery red, which is balanced with soft waves.
Styling your medium length hair is easy! For a romantic tousled look, all you need is a curling iron and a little hairspray. For Olivia Palermo shine, thickness and volume use BaBylissPRO Argan Oil and a Parlux Hair Dryer. Sleek, straight and sophisticated is easily achievable with hair straighteners, such as TONI&GUY Super Sleek Straightener.