How to Prevent and Repair Split Ends?
“I’m trying to grow my hair and all I am getting is split ends. I HATE SPLIT ENDS. They are totally ruining the length and look of my hair”. Does this sound familiar? I think we’ve all felt this way at some point or another (and for some of us, it’s all the time!).
So if you’re as sick of split ends as us, stay tuned for how to prevent split ends, how to repair split ends and general healthy hair tips.
So What Causes Split Ends Anyway?
The short answer is: heat, chemical and mechanical stress. So you could stop using your curling iron or hair straightener which would prevent split ends, but let’s face it, that ain’t happening. Clearly, we need to compromise between style and hair health.
Quick! I Need to Hide My Split Ends!
One of our favourite healthy hair tips? Fake it til you make it! If you didn’t successfully prevent split ends, then hide them by:
- Adding shine. Shiny hair is the illusion of healthy hair. Also, adding moisture back into the hair will nourish, condition and strengthen hair to prevent split ends in the future.
- Pulling split ends back into an updo like a top knot or French roll using hair padding pieces such as a hair donut or hair sausage An updo is always a winner, plus you’ll look instantly polished. Bonus: no need for more heat styling which again helps to prevent split ends.
But How Do I Prevent Split Ends?
- Strengthening products infused with keratin are your best friend. Keratin Complex Infusion is an investment but well worth it you’re trying to grow your hair and prevent split ends.
- Commit to regular hair treatment at home for split ends. Yep, it’s a commitment that really pays off. The best in the biz is the Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque, which only takes 7 minutes for fabulous results.
- Only use heat styling tools which offer adjustable heat and use the lowest setting possible for your hair texture. Long term, this will prevent split ends. One of our best healthy hair tips!
- If you must use heat styling tools regularly, make sure you become acquainted with a heat protectant to prevent split ends.
Getting Rid of Split Ends
How to get rid of split ends? Yep, you guessed it: regular trims. Generally, 6-8 weeks is recommended but honestly get a trim whenever you feel you need it. We know it’s hard to part with precious hair length, but in the end your hair will be longer without those pesky split ends ruining your long hair fun.
Of course, if you follow our healthy hair tips above you might just get away with longer times between trims!